Sunday, October 12, 2014

C4T #2 Summary

Dr. Will
For the past two weeks, I was assigned the Peopleology blog by Dr. Will. In the first post I read, Dr. Will posted a video conversation about Personal Learning Networks. In the conversation, Dr. Will talked about the benefits of personal learning networks and how social networks such as Twitter can be used to expand your PLN. This was my comment:

Hello Dr. Will! My name is Candace Harris, and I am currently a junior majoring in Elementary Education at the University of South Alabama. What a pleasure it has been to view your interview on using Twitter to build PLNs! As a student, building a personal learning network is vital. I recently have been introduced to twitter as a means to expand my knowledge and to interact with my peers, but my biggest problem was accepting that it does not happen overnight! However, your video gave me a bit more motivation to keep tweeting and keep trying to expand. Thank you for your insight! I definitely plan to share this video on my twitter page and on my blog for class this week! If you would like, you may follow me on twitter at candacesharris1 or my blog at harriscandaceedm310.blogspot.com


For the second comment, Dr. Will posted about paperless classrooms. In this post, he explained the benefits of paperless learning, which is the same "No Paper In, No Paper Out" quality that our EDM310 video thrives off. This was my comment:

Great post Dr. Will! In my EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama, we actually are completely paperless, and we utilize tools such as Google Drive all the time. Despite having mixed feelings initially, I, personally, love the paperless movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment